Activities of Anukampa – Psychiatry Ward
- Generate awareness in the community about issues of mental health
- Create awareness of various facilities of up- coming center undertaking treatment in the field of Mental Health, specifically addiction, substance abuse, suicide prevention, etc.
- Building IPD for males / females inmates under the supervision of trained Homoeopathic Psychiatry MO / competent Nursing staff / support staff
- Creating Training and Research opportunities for extending and standardizing the clinical application of Homoeopathic Neuropsychiatry.
A total of 1015 patients (40% females) were admitted with a variety of clinical conditions and there was a 60-70% improvement across all varieties of illnesses. The duration of hospitalization in cases of Alcohol withdrawal was reduced.
|In the current world of digitalization and uncertainty, community is seeing a steep rise in people with difficulties in coping who break down with varying degree of severity. Reasons are many ranging from lack of awareness or faulty notions of mental illnesses to lack of financial support for its treatment. Poor infrastructure with necessary facilities is another reason for delayed diagnosis and treatment of mental illness. Scenario is deeper in rural part of India. Palghar, known as adivasi area is no exception. It is wrestling to establish their health-care system. MLD trust has created a unique opportunity of holistic homoeopathic healthcare for patients who are mentally disturbed where love, care, compassion and Homoeopathy can bring about a change and make this world a better place to live in.
|Objectives of the facility of Anukampa Ward
4. Creating Training and Research opportunities for extending and standardizing the clinical application of Homoeopathic Neuropsychiatry.
|Areas and places of interventions
|Entire district Palghar extending from Dahanu ,Talasari to Vasai Virar
|1. Orientation about Mental health and illness , benefits of early identification, Outcomes with homoeopathic treatment – scope and limitations with referral, Training in IEC and community orientation
2. Training program Orientation for nursing staff to IPD/OPD clinical conditions and Training in observation and ward management skills
3. Capacity Building :Postgraduate training and Training of trainers to participate in mental health
| During the period 2014-2018, total of 1015 patients were treated in the Anukampa ward and the details are as under
There was a promising result in almost 70% of the patients with varying clinical conditions. Moreover, there was a significant reduction in the days of hospitalization in Alcohol withdrawal patients as compared to standard allopathic treatment.